Sunday, December 13, 2009

December 3, 2009:
Copper Clay Arrives!!

It's here! My copper clay has arrived.

Now you may be asking - why the sudden excitement in copper clay. Wellll - I've been working on a design of a piece that I want to do for my brother and his new wife.

They were married in Valley of Fire about an hour and a half outside of Las Vegas. The location was stunning! Red rock mountains, red sand, her white dress, his black tux - all stunningly beautiful. While there I took about a million photos and picked up a couple of small stones that were the same material as the mountains. I was thinking they would work as 'gems' in a piece to commemorate the event.

The design started out as a .999 Fine Silver heart with the mountains carved into the front and one of the stones on the silver heart portion. While talking about the design with a Facebook Art Clay friend she mentioned - copper. That got me thinking. Knowing that the new torch-able copper was coming out the next week I started playing with an idea that would have the mountains be COPPER. The red of the copper would make the mountains come alive ontop of the silver heart. In my head and on paper it was going to work.

Then the copper arrived - which brings me to where I am now. Working on the sofa, in front of a roaring fire .. doing - work. SAP VC work. SAP Marketing Master work. And the box with the copper is on the other side of the couch. Watching me. Eyeing me... I feel like I should be in one of those commercials with the money with big eyeballs staring at you. The box with the copper was staring at me - taunting me "ha ha you have to work and can't play with me yet!"

Thankfully tomorrow is a "personal day" I'll get you copper... I'll get you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment