Sunday, December 13, 2009

November 7, 2009: Polymer Clay

Ugh! I think I have a love-hate relationship with it. I don't like the little people and creatures that some folks make. It's nothing against them, I just don't like them. HOWEVER I took this class - Polymer Techniques again at the Memphis Botanical Garden (MBG) with ... yep you guessed it - Brandy Boyd! :o) Now... if you may be asking... "if you don't like polymer clay, why take a class?" Because I need to learn! LOL

Techniques learned in one medium can be used in others - sound familiar? I learned how to make a cane, make skinner blend, cook (although I have to admit I tend to burn pieces at home... thankfully I mainly use them for molds) and more!

I came out of the class with a better understanding that polymer clay is so much more than the little people and little animals that I feared we would make. I learned that I could use it in my silver pieces - and that you could make some cool looking jewelry with it if you wanted to!

No comments:

Post a Comment